- Included in Your Tour
- Tour Conditions
For information and reservations, please contact Michael Benz at 440-734-8800 / 1-800-247-0060 x4055 / firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
Christmas Traditions Tour of Croatia and Slovenia
December 5 – 14, 2019
Hosted by Robert Jerin
Visiting: Zagreb – Ptuj – Lake Bled – Ljubljana
We invite you to join noted genealogist, Robert Jerin, for this custom designed tour and celebration of Christmas Traditions in Croatia and Slovenia. These 2 nations share a border and many traditions that date back hundreds of years. The Christmas markets and city center decorations showcase many of these commonalities, and the important and often delicious differences! We’ll also visit the key cultural history museums in each country where Christmas traditions spanning centuries will be on display. Music is a huge part of the holiday season so we’ll be sure to include some excellent local musicians along the way.
The Christmas and Advent Seasons of Croatia and Slovenia
Join us for this exciting and fun tour of Croatia and neighboring Slovenia where we will enjoy the spirit of the Christmas season as celebrated in the city squares and festive Advent markets. The capital cities of Ljubljana, Slovenia and Zagreb, Croatia have both developed very popular winter season festivals and markets in their traditional city centers. People of all ages engage and enjoy the pageantry and all the delicious foods, not to mention the warming ‘Gluhwein’ that is served. We’ll spend time in the main squares and cathedrals, and also some smaller village celebrations and local craft markets too. You’ll be back in time for Christmas, perhaps with a few unique and memorable gifts for your friends and families!
December 5 – Thursday
Depart your home city bound for Zagreb, Croatia.
December 6 – Friday
Arrive in Zagreb on St. Nicholas Day. After clearing customs you will be met by your tour escort and transferred to the city center. Check in to the Hotel Dubrovnik, located on the main square. After short rest, take a stroll from the lobby through the square with our local guide. Return for a welcome to dinner at our hotel. (D)
December 7 – Saturday
After breakfast, we start a walking tour featuring the historic Upper Town, St. Mark’s Church, the Zagreb Cathedral, and the Lotrascak Dolac Market. After lunch, we head to the Ethnographic Museum in hopes of seeing some traditional Christmas displays and crafts. This evening, take a walking tour through Tkalčićeva street enjoying music from each corner and some “Gluhwein” from local vendors keeping shoppers warm with the beverage. Overnight – Zagreb. (B)
December 8 – Sunday
After breakfast and time allowed for mass at the Zagreb Cathedral, we’ll have some free time to explore the craft market just outside the hotel. In the afternoon we head to Cazma to visit SALJ Land, a 17 year + tradition featuring 2.5 million lights! On the way back to Zagreb, we’ll stop for a snacks of locally produced delicacies and wine tasting at the Kezele Family household. (B)
December 9 – Monday
After breakfast we will do a sightseeing and shopping tour for those ready to try out their Kunas! Enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the holiday celebrations in the city. In the evening, we’ve arranged for dinner in the traditional Zagreb restaurant, Gastonica Purger. (B, D)
December 10 – Tuesday
After breakfast, we head to Slovenia, stopping first in the ancient city of Ptuj. We’ll visit one of the oldest wine cellars in Europe for a snack and some tastings, then the Slovenian Ethnographic museum in the castle that overlooks the city. This huge collection of artifacts gives a great feeling for how the people of the region dressed, worked and celebrated life. Continue to Ljubljana – check into the history laden Hotel Grand Union. Evening dinner in the rustic restaurant Gostilna Sokol. We’ll look for a Choir and/or music event that is sure to be happening this evening within walking distance of our hotel that sits at the head of the pedestrian zone and river walk area. (B, WT, D)
December 11 – Wednesday
A day to tour and enjoy Ljubljana! We begin with a walking sightseeing tour of the old town from the lobby of our Hotel. We’ll stop for lunch (on own) along the way and enjoy shopping the Advent craft markets and artisan stands that line the Ljublanica river banks. Dinner with local music in the city at a traditional style restaurant. (B, D)
December 12 – Thursday
Day trip to Radovljica to tour this perfectly preserved medieval town square. After a visit to the beekeepers museum, enjoy a hearty lunch at Gostilna Lectar on the main square. Then we head north into the Julian Alps to see picturesque Lake Bled for brief tour of the lake and castle and to enjoy a local pastry and coffee. Back to Ljubljana late this afternoon. (B, L)
December 13 – Friday
After breakfast at our hotel, we’ll take a ride into southern Slovenia’s Karst region to visit the world famous Postojna Caves, which should be decorated for the holidays! Many local vendors have stands outside the caves ready for holiday shoppers. Enjoy a farewell dinner tonight at the hotel. (B, D)
December 14 – Saturday
Early morning departures from the LJU airport. Those interested may extend their stay in Slovenia or return to Zagreb with the motor coach this afternoon. (B)
- Escorted throughout by our experienced host: Robert Jerin
- Private air-conditioned deluxe motor coach for all transfers
- Welcome dinner and drink at our Hotel Dubrovnik in Zagreb
- Welcome reception, 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 5 dinners
- Expert local guides and tour manager
- Traditional wine tasting with snacks at the Kezele Family House
- Dinner of local specialities at the Gastonica Purger restaurant
- Tour of Ptuj Castle Museum and wine tasting at Ptuj City Cellar
- Dinner with local musical entertainment in Ljubljana
- Traditional luncheon with local food and music in Radovljica
- Entrance fees to Lake Bled Castle
- Excursion to the world-famous Postojna Caverns
- Farewell dinner at our Hotel Union in Ljubljana
$1695 – 10 day Tour (Per Person Double Occupancy)
Single Hotel Room Supplement:+$535
- Add air from your home city to Zagreb return from Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Airfare available from most major cities
- Price is based on current exchange rate ($1.15 USD/Euro) and is subject to change if the rate varies by more than 3% at the time of full payment
- Your Initial Deposit of $300 per person secures your hotel rooms, and the motor coach tour
- Full Payment is due no later than 60 days before departure, September 30, 2019
- Comprehensive Trip cancellation and Travel Insurance available and highly recommended; Cost for this coverage varies depending on the age of the travelers
FULL PAYMENT IS DUE September 30, 2019.
- Because airline space is limited at special group rates, we urge your deposit of U.S.D. $300 per person as soon as possible. After all airline group space is gone, fares are subject to increase. Minimum of 20 passengers will be needed to operate this tour at the advertised price. Prices are subject to change if the Euro varies by more than 3% at time of final payment.
- Baggage Allowance: Free airline baggage allowance is two bags per person in addition to a carry-on piece. However, the tour operator has requested that there be a limit of 1 large suitcase at 50 pounds per person due to space restrictions aboard the motor coach and airlines weight allowances. NO RESPONSIBILITY IS INCURRED FOR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO BAGGAGE OR ANY PERSONAL BELONGINGS. TRAVEL BAGGAGE INSURANCE IS RECOMMENDED AND AVAILABLE THROUGH PROFESSIONAL TRAVEL.
- Passport Requirements: A valid passport is required of all tour participants. A U.S. passport is valid for 10 years. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months following your return to the United States. To apply for passports you can contact either your local passport office, Clerk of the District, or County Court. Professional Travel will be happy to help you obtain the necessary forms.
- Tour Price Excludes: Airport Departure Taxes, customs user fees, passports, all visa fees, optional tours, telephone, telex, fax and telegram charges, excess baggage charges, sundry tips, laundry, beverages and food not on the regular table d’hôte menu (these items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, or restaurant), portage at U.S./Canada airports and all other items of a personal nature. Service charges at hotels and restaurants are prepaid. Travel Insurance is not included.
- Refund and Unused or Amended Tour Arrangements: Unused hotel accommodations, tour features or services are non-refundable, nor exchangeable for other accommodations, services or features. Should there be any reason to change features of the tour for the group, any additional expenses will be charged to the tour members. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, hotels substituted will be the equivalent of those shown. Single room available at a supplemental charge.
- Cancellation Penalties: If you cancel your reservation, your right to receive a refund is limited as set forth in the following schedules. All requests for refunds must be sent to us in writing. Charges for cancellation of the tour will be assessed by the participating airlines, tour operators, and hotels as follows:
After deposit: U.S. $50.00 per person
90-61 days prior to departure: U.S. $250 per person, plus airfare
60-45 days prior to departure: U.S. $400 per person, plus airfare
44-30 days prior to departure: U.S. $500.00 per person, plus airfare
29 days or less prior to departure: 100% penalty and no refund
Cancellation charges also apply to additional accommodations reserved prior to and after the tour.
- Insurance: While every effort is made to ensure that baggage is properly handled and that the cancellation charges to you are kept to a minimum, Professional Travel cannot be held responsible for damages, loss or theft of luggage or personal belongings. You may secure a policy for baggage insurance, as well as insurance against sickness or accident, or trip cancellation and interruption insurance through Professional Travel. Important terms concerning pre-existing medical conditions, which are not covered, are described in the insurance brochure which will be sent for your review.
- Airfare Facts: Airfares quoted in this brochure are subject to change without notice and are based on fares in effect at the time of printing. Late bookings can be accepted at slightly higher fares. Should there be an announced increase (by the airline) in the airfare, Professional Travel will contact passengers who will then be given the opportunity to pay for the airfare in full and be ticketed to avoid the increase. Airline surcharges and fees if increased will be passed on to the client.
- Revisions: A handling fee of U.S.D. $30.00 per transaction will be charged for any alteration or revision. A change of tour date or tour itinerary within 45 days of departure will be treated as a cancellation and new booking; regular cancellation fees apply.
- Responsibility Clause: Professional Travel Inc., Cleveland, Ohio (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) is responsible to you in making arrangements for the tour services offered in this brochure, including transportation, sightseeing and hotel accommodations. The carriers, hotels and other suppliers providing tour services are independent contractors and are not agents, employees or servants of or joint ventures with the Company. All certificates and other travel documents for tour services issued by the Company are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the suppliers and to the laws of the countries in which services are supplied. If the services included on the tour cannot be supplied or there are changes in an itinerary for reasons beyond the control of the Company, the Company will arrange for the provision of comparable services. Any resulting additional expenses will be payable by tour participants and any resulting savings will be refunded by the Company to tour participants. The Company reserves the right to make changes in the itinerary whenever the Company deems it necessary to the comfort, convenience or safety of the tour participants, and to cancel a tour at any time. If the Company cancels a tour, it shall have no responsibility beyond the refund of all monies paid to the Company by the tour participant. The tour participant agrees that neither the Company nor Robert Jerin shall be liable for any damages, loss (including personal injury, death and property loss) or expenses occasioned by any act or omission of any supplier providing tour services or of any other person. No person, other than an authorized representative of the Company by a document in writing, is authorized to vary any term or condition in this brochure, including any term or condition set forth in the preceding provisions. Based on current Exchange Rate of 1.15 $US/Euro. Subject to change should currency change by 3% or more.